Cannabis and Problems Getting an Erection
- by siteadmin
Many men know that when they drink too much, alcohol can affect how well they do in bed later that night. Like alcohol, cannabis can have several effects on a man's ability to get and keep a girlfriend.
Small amounts of marijuana can help men who have performance anxiety or other mental problems that make it hard for them to perform sexually to calm down. This is because the cannabinoids delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) can help reduce inhibitions, lower anxiety, promote relaxation, and increase feelings of arousal, all of which lead to better sexual experiences. Cannabinoid receptors can be found in both the brain and the penis.
Cannabis can have several bad effects on some men. How cannabis affects a man's sexual performance depends on how much he uses and how healthy he is in general.
Here are the most common sexual problems that researchers have found among men who use cannabis in some way.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Both the brain and the penis have cannabinoid receptors. When you use cannabis, the THC causes the blood vessels to narrow, which cuts off blood flow to the penis and makes it hard to get or keep an erection.
- Regular cannabis use can lower hormones like testosterone, which is a key part of a man's sex drive and libido.
- Delayed orgasm: Cannabis messes with the brain's reward system, which can cause delayed orgasms. The THC stops the release of dopamine, which is a key neurotransmitter for sexual arousal and orgasm.
- THC in cannabis has been shown to lower sperm count and fertility in men who use it often.
- Reduced fertility: Since cannabis lowers the quality of sperm, it also lowers the chances that sperm will reach the egg and fertilize it. This is thought to be because of how THC affects the endocannabinoid system and how important it is for sperm to move.
- Effects that are bad for sexual performance: Cannabis can make you tired, sleepy, and less motivated. When these things happen, it can be hard for a man to have sexual relations. Like drinking too much, being high can make it hard to think and decide, which can lead to sexually risky behavior.
Like alcohol, cannabis has different effects on every man. How cannabis might affect your sexual performance depends on how much you use it, how often you use it, and how you use it. It's important to remember that not all edibles are regulated, so do your research before buying and try to buy from the same dispensary every time. When you smoke cannabis (or any other cigarette or cigar), you also take in other chemicals that can narrow your blood vessels.
Cannabis Is Given To People With Anxiety
If your doctor gave you marijuana to help with your anxiety and you're starting to notice that it's affecting your sexual performance, you should talk to your doctor about what other treatments might work better for you. If you use marijuana for fun, try cutting down on how much you use before you want to have sex and see if that helps. If you and your partner are trying to get pregnant, you may have to stop until your partner can prove she is pregnant. Make sure to tell your partner about any problems you have during sex.
If any of these things are getting in the way of your sexual performance, Wingman MD professionals are available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm to answer your questions in private. We can help you figure out why these effects might be happening and give you tips on how to improve your sexual health.
1062 Old Des Peres Rd, St. Louis, MO 63131
Many men know that when they drink too much, alcohol can affect how well they do in bed later that night. Like alcohol, cannabis can have several effects on a man's ability to get and keep a girlfriend. Small amounts of marijuana can help men who have performance anxiety or other mental problems that make…